Mindfish Covid Protocols & Check-In Script
When the Covid-19 pandemic began, we immediately moved all Mindfish instruction to a remote learning environment. We’ve been teaching students around the world remotely via video chat for over 10 years and have great success working with students remotely. Most of our students continue to meet with their tutors remotely at this time. However, as the Covid pandemic begins to wane, some students are eager to get back to in-person learning. We have the following protocols in place to facilitate in-person instruction.
General Health and Safety Protocols
• All in-person teachers are fully vaccinated
• All students doing in-person work are fully vaccinated
• All students must be masked when they enter Mindfish offices
• After students enter their tutoring rooms, wearing masks is up to comfort of student and tutor; tutors and students can
choose to wear masks or not during meetings
• We also have plexiglass sneeze guards set up
• Tutors disinfect office after each in-person meeting
• Ample cleaning and disinfecting supplies, hand sanitizer, masks, etc. are stocked at all offices
• All offices are professional cleaned and disinfected on a regular basis
In-Person Tutoring Protocol
• Tutors will take student’s temperature when they arrive
• Anyone with temp. above 100°F, will be required to reschedule*, no exceptions
Questions for Students
1. Are you fully vaccinated against Covid-19? (**)
2. Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms: unusual headache, fatigue, runny nose, muscle aches, sore throat, cough, fever, shortness of breath, change in sense of taste or smell, or chills?
3. Have you had direct contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 in the last two weeks?
4. Have you had a positive Covid test in the last two weeks?
(If “no” to question 1, or “yes” to questions 2 – 4, student will be required to reschedule*)
*If student needs to reschedule for reasons of Covid protocol, we will not charge the client for the session, but tutors will still be paid for one hour of tutoring time. Students who are rescheduled because they are symptomatic for Covid will be required to have a negative Covid test or wait 10 days before their next in-person meeting (meetings can be scheduled remotely in the meantime, if desired).
**fully vaccinated = 2 weeks after 2nd dose of 2-dose vaccines (Pfizer/Moderna) or 2 weeks after single-dose vaccine (ie. Johnson & Johnson)