Mindfish Covid Protocols & Check-In Script (updated 6/14/22)
Our tutors are available to work with Mindfish students both online and at our five in-person offices (Boulder, Denver Tech Center, Denver, Lakewood & Boise). We take our responsibility as teachers seriously and our priority is supporting all students in a safe, comfortable, and effective manner.
General Health and Safety Protocols
• All in-person Mindfish tutors are fully vaccinated against Covid-19**
• We no longer require in-person students to be vaccinated against Covid-19; however, some Mindfish tutors are only available to work with fully vaccinated individuals
• We recommend (but don’t require) that students wear a mask when they enter Mindfish offices, and when using all common spaces (office lobby, bathrooms, etc.)
• Wearing masks is up to the comfort of the student and the tutor once they are in their own enclosed tutoring space
• Plexiglass sneeze guards are available for use at all office
• Tutors use CDC-approved disinfectants to clean the tutoring space after each in-person meeting
• Ample cleaning and disinfecting supplies, hand sanitizer, masks, etc. are stocked at all offices
• All offices are professionally cleaned and disinfected on a regular basis
In-Person Tutoring Protocol
Prior to beginning an in-person tutoring session students are required to have their temperature taken and respond to the following series of questions.
1. Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms: unusual headache, fatigue, runny nose, muscle aches, sore throat, cough, fever, shortness of breath, change in sense of taste or smell, or chills?
2. Have you had direct contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 in the last five days?
3. Have you had a positive Covid test in the last ten days?
If a student has a temperature above 100°F, or answers “yes” to any of the above questions, the student will be required to reschedule, no exceptions*
*If a student has a high temperature (above 100°F), we will wait several minutes and take the temp again to ensure an accurate reading before rescheduling the lesson. If a student needs to reschedule for reasons of Covid protocol, we will not charge the client for the session, but tutors will still be paid by Mindfish. Students who are rescheduled because they are symptomatic for Covid will be required to have a negative Covid test and wait to have their next in-person meeting until 10 days after a their first positive Covid test (meetings can be scheduled remotely in the meantime, if desired).
**”fully vaccinated” means that the individual has received the primary series of a Covid-19 vaccine (second dose of 2-dose vaccine (ie. Pfizer/Moderna) received at least 2 weeks before in-person work or a single-dose vaccine (ie. Johnson & Johnson) received at least 2 weeks before in-person work). Although not required, we also recommend that students and teachers receive additional booster shots at relevant intervals after their initial Covid-19 vaccine series. Please see the CDC website for more information about vaccine status and schedules.
Thank you for your understanding during this challenging time. We know that all students and families’ needs are different. No policy will be perfect for everyone, but our goal in implementing the above policies is to try to ensure the health and safety of as many Mindfish teachers and students as possible and thus allow students to get the academic support they need during this time.