The SAT vs. the ACT.
- What’s the difference?
- Is one “better” than the other?
- And the most important question of all: which test should your student take?
It’s easy to compare practice test scores, but we will help you understand see beyond the scores to come up with the best plan for your unique student.
These days, any college will accept either score, but there are significant differences between the two tests. Some students are better-suited for the ACT, while others are better-suited for the SAT. (Learn more about the differences between the tests here). Because the tests do have important differences, it’s smart to make sure that the test your student is targeting is the test that best plays to his or her strengths through our Practice Test Program.
That’s where Mindfish’s Practice Test Program comes in. The Practice Test Program allows students to take a proctored, timed practice ACT and a proctored, timed practice SAT, using previously-administered versions of the test from recent years.
After the student has taken both practice tests, we’ll set up a 45-minute, in-depth review meeting with the student, the parent, and one of Mindfish’s expert directors. During this consultation, our director will analyze the practice test results in detail, learn more about the student’s individual goals and needs, and then help formulate a timeline and test prep plan tailored specifically for that student.
These tests are standardized, but our students are not! Over the last 15 years, we’ve worked with thousands of students with staggering diversity in terms of their academic backgrounds, skill-sets, schedules, goals and circumstances, and we take everything into account as we are coming up with the best plan of action. We can advise on specific test dates to target and even help figure out what kind of tutor would have the right personality and approach for an individual student.
The cost for this program is normally $199, but we’re excited to offer our Practice Test Program to students of College Audition Pros for free.
The Practice Test Program includes:
- One practice ACT test
- One practice SAT test
- In-depth score break-down for each test
- One 45-minute consultation with one of Mindfish’s expert directors
Benefits of the Practice Test Program
- Learn which test is a better fit for your student.
- Meet with an expert to determine the best timeline and test prep plan.
- Effective test prep represents a real investment of time, energy, and hard work: ensure your student’s efforts are being deployed for the right test.
- Gain a better understanding of where your student is currently scoring and what that means for the college application process.
All practice tests are given on Saturdays from 8:45 AM to 1:00 PM (tests with accommodations may take longer). Students can take tests via videoconference (Zoom).
Questions? Need further assistance?
Contact us at (720) 204-1041 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to help you.