The SAT vs. the ACT.
- What’s the difference?
- Is one “better” than the other?
- And the most important question of all: which test should your student take?
It’s easy to compare practice test scores, but we will help you understand see beyond the scores to come up with the best plan for your unique student.
These days, any college will accept either score, but there are significant differences between the two tests. Some students are better-suited for the ACT, while others are better-suited for the SAT. (Learn more about the differences between the tests here). Because the tests do have important differences, it’s smart to make sure that the test your student is targeting is the test that best plays to his or her strengths through our Practice Test Program.
That’s where Mindfish’s Practice Test Program comes in. The Practice Test Program allows students to take a proctored, timed practice ACT and a proctored, timed practice SAT.
After the student has taken both practice tests, we’ll set up a 45-minute, in-depth review meeting with the student, the parent, and one of Mindfish’s expert directors. During this consultation, our director will analyze the practice test results in detail, learn more about the student’s individual goals and needs, and then help formulate a timeline and test prep plan tailored specifically for that student.
These tests are standardized, but our students are not! Over the last 15 years, we’ve worked with thousands of students with staggering diversity in terms of their academic backgrounds, skill-sets, schedules, goals and circumstances, and we take everything into account as we are coming up with the best plan of action. We can advise on specific test dates to target and even help figure out what kind of tutor would have the right personality and approach for an individual student.
Because the Practice Test Program has been an invaluable first step in conquering the test prep process for so many of our clients, we will credit $100 of the fee for the Practice Test Program toward the purchase of one of our tutoring packages.
The Practice Test Program costs $199 and includes:
- One ACT practice test
- One digital SAT practice test
- In-depth score break-down for each test
- One 45-minute consultation with one of Mindfish’s expert directors
- $100 credited toward future purchase of a test prep package
Benefits of the Practice Test Program
- Learn which test is a better fit for your student.
- Meet with an expert to determine the best timeline and test prep plan.
- Effective test prep represents a real investment of time, energy, and hard work: ensure your student’s efforts are being deployed for the right test.
- Gain a better understanding of where your student is currently scoring and what that means for the college application process.
- By default, we are no longer including a paper SAT practice test as part of our Practice Test Program. The current, paper version of the SAT will be discontinued after December 2023 and is thus not a relevant test for the majority of students who are in the planning phase of their test prep process. That said, please let us know if your student needs to take a paper SAT and we’ll get them set up.
Practice tests are offered starting at 9:00 AM (Mountain Time) on every Saturday (except holiday weekends) and on one Sunday each month. Tests are offered via Zoom and in-person at our DTC and Boulder offices on alternate Saturdays.
For Remote Clients
If you don’t live near one of our offices but would still like to participate in our Practice Test Program, please let us know. We can mail you all the necessary materials so that your student can take the practice tests at home. The consultation meeting can be held over video conference.
Questions? Need further assistance?
Contact us at 720-204-1041 or email us at email@example.com, and we will be happy to help you.